Monday, April 1, 2013

Riding the bus

Today I took the bus home from work since the car needs auto-body repairs. It was quite pleasant ride. The bus was on time, clean, and quiet. The sun was shining and the air was crisp during the mile walk home.

The difficult thing is adjusting my mindset from being able to leave whenever I want to scheduling my time so that I don't miss the bus.

For my old Pontiac, I can go about 20 miles in the city on one gallon of 87 grade gasoline. Taking the bus this afternoon saved one third of that gallon of gasoline. That is 6.3 pounds of CO2 that was not emitted today. That's a small stone but enough of positive changes can make a difference. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's ride.

Check out slate.com for information on how a gallon of gas creates 19 pounds of CO2.






No comments:

Post a Comment